Redborne has joined the Enterprise Advisor network, which is delivered by SEMLEP in partnership with the Careers and Enterprise Company. Through this we have a dedicated Enterprise Advisor who works with us to develop our Careers and Enterprise provision.
We would love to hear from prospective employers who would be willing to support our students and thus shape the future workforce, bringing the world of work to life for the next generation. Our aim is that through employer engagement at all ages, we ensure that young people leave our school with the skills, competencies, knowledge, appropriate qualifications and attitudes needed by employers for the students' own career development as well as for economic sustainability and growth.
There are many ways you can share your experience and help build our students' knowledge of employability skills, the workplace, the labour market and job search skills. At Redborne we have a number of activities you could join in with and we are always open to new ways of developing our future workforce if you have ideas of your own!
The Careers & Enterprise Company has highlighted a number of benefits to employers of building links with local schools and colleges. These include:
- It can provide exciting and rewarding new staff development opportunities
- It helps to enhance your business reputation
- It helps to attract new talent to your sector / business by making young people aware of what you do and the opportunities which exist
- It can help diversify your talent pool and address any skills-gap issues
- It gives the opportunity to address any misconceptions
If you are an Employer and would like to work with us or require further information, please email
Employers can support Redborne by:
- offering talks to students interested in a particular sector or area of industry
- delivering an assembly to students on a particular sector or area of industry to inform students about the world of work
- offering interview experience to sixth formers and younger year groups
- offering work experience and job shadowing
- linking with a relevant Head of Subject (Department) in school and allowing visits to the workplace for a class, where it links with a topic being studied, or coming in to speak to a class to bring real world context to a particular topic
- offering business site visits
- enterprise activities
- CV preparation
Latest research into EMPLOYER ENGAGEMENT can be found here.
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) , has published evidence on how employers can support schools to improve outcomes for pupils. EEF
Through SEMLEP and the CEC, Redborne has a Careers Development Plan which audits the activities offered to our students every year, to ensure they have the maximum impact.
We connect with a number of businesses as part of our careers programme. Some of these are named below:
The Automated Technology Group
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 105,000 people worldwide. Their 64 acre site in Ampthill, Bedfordshire supports a range of capabilities, including air-land integration, battlespace management, ground-based air defence and weapons safety, integration and support. Their dedicated outreach team work in close partnership with a number of local schools with the aim of inspiring the next generation of talent to explore a career in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
Machins Solicitors LLP
www.machins.co.uk Twitter @machinslaw
Kier Group plc is a leading infrastructure services, buildings and developments & housing group.
Central Bedfordshire Council www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk
The Department for Work and Pensions: Jobcentre Plus.
Jobcentre Plus Support for Schools is a demand led initiative and is delivered flexibly and responsively. It is aimed at facilitating an effective transition from school into work, training or further study and can deliver to students from school years 8-13.
Foxley Kingham Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors