FSM and Hardship Fund
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Students may claim a free lunch up to the value of £2.50 per day. You may qualify if you are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support or;
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or;
- Employment & Support Allowance (Income related) or;
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit or;
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS) or;
- Child Tax Credit (but not working Tax Credit), and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
If you receive any of the above benefits you can apply by phone on 0300 300 8306.
The line is open 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 to 4.30 pm Friday.
Please make sure you have the following information to hand when you call:
- National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
- Dates of birth for your children
- If you receive National Asylum Seekers Support you will need your NASS number.
Students who receive free school meals (or have received this in the last six years) are entitled to additional financial support known as pupil premium.
Financial assistance is available for students to enable them to take part in a range of activities that they might not normally be able to afford. This includes the purchase of equipment, uniform or kit. The support available includes educational visits, activities out of school including holiday activities and activities in the evenings or at weekends. If you would like to apply or you would like further information please contact Mr McGuigan, Assistant Headteacher, on 01525 404462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your grounds for seeking assistance. Documented evidence may be asked for.