Careers at Redborne
Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance (CIAG) is provided at Redborne Upper School through the Careers Leader Mrs T Farrow and Mrs Holbrook, Careers Advisor, who are available for 1:1 appointments to provide information and talk though options and career ideas including apprenticeships, college courses, employment, CV, Cover Letters and Work Experience training etc. Students in years 9-11 can request an interview through their form tutor. Sixth Form students can request an interview either via their form tutor or by a direct email to Teresa Farrow, Careers Leader. The interviews usually take place in one of the careers offices in South School. Mrs Farrow can be located in room 3, ground floor of South School. At the end of the meeting every student is given an action plan to have ownership of.
Redborne works closely with the Bedford College group and Barnfield College to ensure that students are aware of college and apprenticeship opportunities post 16.
Resources available to students at Redborne during their school career:
- National Careers Week
- Apprenticeship, College, Sixth Form and University events
- Workplace & University visits
- Personal Wellbeing and Independent Learning lessons
- Dedicated Careers Library
- Individual ‘Fast Tomato’ careers website license
- Access to Unifrog, a one-stop-shop where students can explore their interests, then find and successfully apply for their best next step after school
- Career insight talks & recordings
- Support with employability skills
- Practice interviews
- Regular live local apprenticeship opportunities
- Impartial information on Post 14, 16 and 18 pathway choices