Specialist Leaders of Education
The concept of the SLE role was introduced in 2011. The role aims to help to improve the quality of school leadership through school-to-school support, ultimately raising standards and improving outcomes for children.
Redborne Teaching School Alliance has now designated its first Specialist Leaders of Education. We currently have nine secondary focussed SLEs led by our Head of Teaching School, Nigel Croft, NLE. Their deployment will be both determined by SSIF priorities and any bespoke support which is sought from individual schools.
Our SLEs are here to grow others. They are inclusive and collaborative in approach, seeking to work with colleagues to improve outcomes for all students irrespective of background or circumstance.
Our SLEs, who come from a range of backgrounds across the Redborne Teaching School Alliance, are listed below. Click on their names for a flavour of the work they do. To access SLE support for your school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matthew Jones, Secondary Mathematics
- Alaine Anderson, Secondary Mathematics
- Sam Fisher, Secondary Mathematics
- Olivia Calloway, Secondary Physics
- Christine Harvey, Secondary English
- Jane Luck, Secondary English
- Zoe Hounam, Secondary English
- Michelle Williams, ICT and Computing
- Claire Crowther, ITT , NQT and Design Technology
If you are interested in becoming a SLE, please contact Teresa Farrow at email@example.com , in the first instance.
Redborne Teaching School Alliance has now opened a further round of SLE applications. We welcome applications from any phase or specialism but are particularly interested in appointing people with the following areas of expertise:
- Primary Maths and Literacy
- Secondary English, maths, science, computer science
- Closing the Gap- Pupil Premium
- Leadership of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Leadership of Curriculum
- Teaching and Learning
- Behaviour and discipline
We will be holding an information event for those wishing to learn more about the SLE role at Redborne Upper (North School entrance) on 12th June, 4.15 – 5.15pm. A flier regarding this is downloadable below. Also downloadable are guidance, application form and reference form.
Those wishing to apply need to:
- have the support of their Headteachers
- meet the eligibility criteria (please see the application guidance)
- complete the application form and submit it by 9am on 28th June 2018 to Teresa Farrow
- ensure that their two referees complete the reference and submit them by 9am on 28th June 2018 to Teresa Farrow
- if invited ( ie shortlisted), attend the selection day – 6th July 2018 at Redborne Upper School