Indoor Boot Fairs
REDBORNE ASSOCIATION BOOT FAIR
All proceeds go to fund school projects such as the school minibuses.
Seller’s Arrival: 7.00AM
Opening hours From: 8.00AM To: 12.00PM
Entry ticket: £1 (After 10am 50p)
Seller Pitch Fee: £8.00
Facilities: Refreshments, Toilets
Lettings and Sales Officer
Redborne Upper School and Community College
- Sunday, 25th March 2018
No bookings are made without pre-payment, therefore in order to book you need to print and return a boot fair booking form and forward a cheque to the school address; Redborne Upper School, Flitwick Road, Ampthill, Beds MK45 2NU, payable to Redborne School Fund for £8 per pitch. Please mark the envelope ‘FAO Eva Hobson' and include your name, email and telephone number for confirmation that payment has been received and you are booked in. Alternatively pop into the North school reception Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-3pm.
You are welcome to bring a clothes rail but spaces for these are extremely limited and we must know beforehand in order to place you appropriately.
Information for Sellers
Please take your litter and unsold items home with you and leave your pitch as clean as you found it.
Warning to Sellers
Trading standards, customs officers and police visit our boot sales regularly. These items are NOT to be sold on our site:
GUNS & AIR RIFLES | KNIVES & OTHER WEAPONS | FIREWORKS | COUNTERFEIT GOODS INCLUDING CLOTHING & DVD'S | STOLEN GOODS | CIGARETTES & TOBACCO | WINES & SPIRITS | LIVESTOCK & PETS
Perpetrators will be reported to the appropriate authorities
If you are in any doubt - don't bring it!
A few tips for first-time Sellers
Loading your vehicle
- Check the local weather forecast on the day, and pack accordingly.
- Make sure you load your vehicle safely. Don't overload, or obstruct visibility.
- Remember to put your table(s) in last - you will need them first when arriving.
- Make sure your table(s) are strong enough to do the job, and won't buckle under the weight!
Arriving at the school
- Try to arrive early enough to select a good pitch and set up your table.
- Keep valuable items on sale near to you and in sight at all times.
- Keep your takings and other valuables on your person.
- Remember to keep your car doors locked where possible.
- Avoid the risk of a flat battery by turning off your radio and interior lights.
- Please have your pitch money ready to pay on arrival.
- Bring a small float in case you need to give change.
- Price your items clearly, but be prepared to haggle a little. That's what car boots are all about!
Car Boot Sales are a brilliant way of making a little money out of unwanted items. They are also a fun social event, especially for regular sellers. Bring your family and friends and make a day out of it!