All students with the exception of Sixth Formers must wear school uniform. School jumpers, polo shirts and PE kit may be purchased from the school shop. Many items may be purchased at most good clothing shops.
PLEASE ENSURE WHEN BUYING SCHOOL UNIFORM FROM HIGH STREET RETAILERS THAT IT COMPLIES WITH OUR REGULATIONS.
- Black v-neck jumper with school badge. Cardigans should not be worn.
- School polo shirt. Only white vests should be visible under the polo shirt.
- Black skirt or trousers – plain black weave tailored full length bootcut, straight leg trousers or skirt. The following are not permitted:
- black jeans
- skinny leg, cargo and military style clothing
- track pants
- twill weave as in denim
- trousers or skirts with logos, studs or labels
- fashion / statement belts
- jersey or stretch fabric skirts
- 3/4 length trousers
There should be no extremes in length. Skirts should be knee length. A 1 inch vent at the back, side or front of a skirt is acceptable. Vents longer than 1 inch / 2.5 cm are not permitted. Underwear should not be visible at the tops of trousers or skirts.
- Plain black school shoes – sensible design with flat or low heels. The following are not permitted:
- trainer style shoes
- backless shoes / mules
- heels over 3 inches
- canvas shoes
- boots, eg wellingtons / fashion boots – except in extreme weather conditions
- Students should wear either black / white ankle socks or black / beige tights. Patterned or footless tights / leggings and trainer / knee length socks are not permitted.
- Outdoor clothing should consist of a sensible coat, jacket or fleece in a plain dark colour. If the garment has a hood, this should not be worn up on the school site. Students should not use a coat, jacket or fleece in a place of a school jumper.
- School bag or case that will accommodate books and equipment.
- Inappropriate and excessive make-up.
- Trainers for everyday wear. To be worn ONLY for PE and lunchtime activities.
- Hats and caps are not permitted in the building. Hats may be worn outdoors in bad weather.
- Studded outer jackets or those painted with offensive slogans.
- Inappropriate hairstyles.
- Body piercing eg nose studs, eyebrows, tongue
- Coloured nail varnish
- Excessive jewellery including hoops larger than a five pence piece.